They stole it from me :'(

I don't know how to make of this....my friend told me that....

Someone stole my tenken translation, without even mentioning me the translator. THEY EVEN CLAIMED IT AS THEIRS! WOW!

This chapter is updated by....by ME!! 


Liked it? HELL NO!! 


They even asked for a Patreon, begging for money out of my translation!!!???

These two sites looks similar, do they owned by the same owner???

Well, those two sites was just an example. There might be even more of them.


Well, lets calm down for a bit. 

I do aware that other groups works were also stolen without any credit given. But I don't really mind for anyone to use my TL for private use, like compiling all TL into one massive epub file like asian novel sites do. They at least mentioned who the translator is!! (but still no link given). Other type that i allow is something like a RSS feed on chapter update while linking the reader to my site rather than hosting my translation on their iste. I'm aware that they did not gain much traffic like me with only an average of 70 readers per chapter while i got a thousand, but idgaf! 

So, what i want is a recognition that i was the translator by telling your reader in your sites who the translator is and a link to the translator site.

If you won't comply to my request, please just stole those mtl of this series on other sites. They have reached chapter 550 with machine translation!!

I translated this series cuz i loved it, and want to know how the stories going. I know my translation is imperfect, my grammatical skills in english isn't high either. I don't even have an editor nor proof reader. My sole editor and proof reader is you, my kind reader who often speaks up on my mistakes and help me find better words for something. It's basicaly our works!. (soyuz theme playing in the background)

Translating each chapter of this series took me around 2-4 hours per chapter depend on its lenght. It's quite tiring, i even posted 2 new chapter per day right!? do quick maths. 2 hours in the morning, and 2 hours before bed! but for now, i'm more than pleased to get my reader's reaction over my translation. So please do comment anything!

So, if they really won't comply with me, then I'm forced to make a move by making their works harder with no-copy bots on this site. Even I (with no IT background) know how to bypass it, but at least it will makes their works harder than normal.

Thankyou for taking your time to read my rant. 







Support the translation on Patreon!

Comments

  1. Here is some idea to counter stealing I saw on other translater blog/site.
    1) having a hidden text that says you are the translater and if someone read from an other site than yours then they are stealing. This works against bot and lazy human but not on smart thief.
    2) deactivating the click right and the keyboard shortcut with some script. I know foxaholic does it but I have no idea how it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wuxia.Blog is an aggregator. Aggregators are sites that (usually through automated processes) collect novels, anime, manga or other content from all across the web, rehost it without authorization of any kind (from translators or legal owners) and profit, from ad revenue or, in this case, Patreon.

    Short of no longer translating at all, there is *essentially* nothing you can do to prevent your work from being pirated in this manner. There are things you can try, if you must, like password protections, fake MTL releases, and so on, which will break their bots. Until someone reading on that site clicks the "report" button and they fix it.

    How long you get away with it, then, depends entirely on how many people read your work on their site. If a lot do, then you won't make it two chapters without seeing your work there. If essentially no one does, then, congrats, you'll go for quite awhile. Probably. As long as you don't make a big deal about it and attract attention. Like by posting long, rambling blog posts about thievery and whatnot.

    ... And in the mean time, you've made things dramatically less convenient for people who *do* come here to read your work. Who know and like you as a translator and as a person.

    My advice? Ignore it. Move on. Piracy is a foundational corner of the internet, and it isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

    Oh.

    You could, if you want to annoy them, report their account to Patreon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You can comment as an anonymous or with your Google account. Your comment motivates me to keep doing this!